Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things: {As Seen on TV Products}

I'm a total sucker for "As Seen on TV" products.  What can I say?  I love a good infomercial.  Since most people simply wonder if these products really work, but aren't as willing to try as I am, I've compiled a list of my favorite infomercial products that actually work.  Click the links to shop (if you dare...).

Housewares

This is probably the most disputed of the infomercial product categories.  Maybe it's the unfathomable number of life-changing products?  Maybe you don't actually need your life changed for these tasks?

Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter is a perennial favorite of mine.  When my husband and I lived in an apartment, we tried one of these on our balcony and got more delicious tomatoes that we could handle.  Now, we have two in our back yard and can't wait for the tomatoes to come in.


















Shoes Under is great - if you temper your expectations.  It's flexible (unlike what the picture shows), so don't be surprised.  It's mostly a shoe wrangler and a way to keep out-of-season shoes together in one place rather than a Rubbermaid kind of bin.  It goes under your bed with a little effort to shove it all under, but I like that my shoes stay protected, divided into pairs, and clean for the next season.


















Hanger Cascader is the best thing to happen to my closet.  I own 82 dresses - I'm as serious as a shopaholic heart attack.  Unless we devote a guest room to my work wardrobe, the Hanger Cascader is the only solution that will keep everything in one closet.


















Perfect Brownie Pan is perfect.  Really.  I'm a big fan of both portion control and brownie edges, and this pan gives you both.  I've even used it to make cakes that end up perfectly pre-cut.



















Quick Chop was my first product of the infomercial sort that I purchased on my own.  I got it solely for chopping onions because I hate doing it, and this little product has been a lifesaver since I put chopped onions in just about every recipe.


















Perfect Tortilla Pan is amazing if you love taco salads, but don't [want to] own a Fry Daddy to make the shells.  You bake regular ol' tortillas and voila!  Perfect tortilla bowls.



















Beauty

Air Curler is my biggest product surprise of 2013.  I impulse-bought this yesterday and was very skeptical.  I have very thick, long hair that I already spend way too much time on to add a curling iron to the process.  I liked the idea of quickly using the Air Curler after blow drying/straightening for a damage-free curl.  It's actually easy to use, works well, and was worth the money.


















Hot Buns is ridiculous looking when you pull it out of the package, but it's easy to use and gives you a simple way to do a sock bun to add volume (and girth?) to your lazy-day 'do.  Unless you have a giant head, stick with the smaller one in the package.


















Turbie Twist is a product that came out back in the day (like, 90s), as you can tell from the packaging.  My mom bought me a couple of these back then, and I still have the same ones today.  They are a simple concept that lets you replace the bath towel on your head with a more wearable towel.
 


















What's your favorite infomercial product?

No comments:

Post a Comment